My Dedication Page

With any new activity that is challenging, confusing, or scare-you-shitless worthy, you will need support from others.  This is my dedication page to those who supported me (and still are!) through this exciting part of my life .  Without you all, I would've quit in the middle.  Wait no.  Without you all I wouldn't have had the ovaries (the equivalent to balls) to even try.  Sure I'm still in the beginning phase of learning to ride, but this is usually when I psych myself out with the "what if (insert scary thing here)..."

Me and my homemade sign


First I'd like to make a shout out to the Two Wheel Females forum.  That's right.  A bunch of strangers.  Strangers that empower me RAWWWRR!!!  Good ol' Google found them when I was searching for new female motorcyclists.  Ladies, this is the best online resource you will ever find.  They encourage you to try without being forceful, praise you when you make even the littlest progress, make sure you have a learning experience with EVERYTHING you do with the bike, and make sure you wear your damn gear all the time.  It's such a positive place to share your stories, questions, fears, and confusion.  Check it out!

Best website ever!  You'll learn so much as a new or veteran rider.  They're like my support group!


Last but not least, I'd like to make a shout out to my boyfriend James.  Yes I know, significant others act as a supportive role all the time, but he goes above and beyond.  Being a rider himself, he shares his wisdom without being preachy.  He excites me about riding without forcing me to learn.  He let's me practice on his bike without worry that I'll scratch or hurt her.  It's awesome!  He'll even celebrate with me when I make the smallest accomplishment, like when I got up 20mph on the bike!  Hahaha.  There is sooooo much more I can say about how he has helped me but I don't want to spend the entire page gushing about him. So I'll just say this:  Thank you for your patience, sharing your own struggles when learning, caring words, and letting me ride the love of your life:  Roxy.  James, I'm excited to travel the world with you on two wheels.

James riding Roxy.  I get jealous sometimes...haha jk.

THANK YOU THANK YOU TWO WHEEL FEMALES AND JAMES!  You both rock my socks!!

posted on 1/23/11

1 comment:

  1. Liezl it's all you!

    We may support you or try to be there for you but you're the reason you've come so far.

    Without your enthusiasm and your willingness to get on a bike on a Saturday morning and practice, you wouldnl't be at the level that you're at. Keep at it, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete