Becoming Obsessed!

Not with riding.  That'll come later.  I'm becoming obsessed with researching!  My newest hobby is sitting at a coffeeshop, my record is 6 hours in one day (!), and browse the internet for motorcycle-related stuff.  This has led to my horrible coffee addiction too.  I spent hours looking for the "perfect" helmet.  I didn't mind spending lots of time researching that since it's the most important piece of gear I'll own.  Next on my list of things to buy:  jacket.  Also spent hours looking for the "perfect" jacket...and so on...So why so many damn hours looking for stuff?  Well many reasons actually.  I heart lists so here we go!



1.  I'm indecisive.  You never want to ask where I want to go eat.  I've gotten anxiety attacks from Yelping restaurants.  When I get a consensus from the internet, I'll deeply consider it, whatever that "it" is.  If you've ever researched gear on the web, you know that everyone has their own (and usually strong) opinion on this stuff which can contradict another opinionated person's point of view on an item.  I know that it's supposed to be the more options the better, but it can stress me out.  Tidbit:  I've had actual nightmares where I'm in the candy store and I can't figure out what the hell I want and I panic.  Yes I called it a nightmare.  Haha I sound like a fun person...

2.  Gear can be expensive.  Is it worth the extra money for the expensive stuff???  I don't know!  That's why I read countless articles about price versus quality.  As a person who is money saver and not much of a money earner, I gotta watch all my pennies!

This is one of the first jackets that caught my eye.  A sexy white leather jacket from Shift Racing.  Only costs $350.00...


3.  Not many personal reviews on female gear.  This leads me to search the hell out of Google for the particular item I am eyeing.  I newly found a love for YouTube reviews by Sportbiketrackgear and motosuperstore.  Thanks for your help!  What's your go-to place for reviews?




I'm actually diggin' this new hobby of mine.  I get to spend time with my friends when they have grown up things to do in the coffeeshop like work or study for the GMATs.  It gets me out of the house so I don't do things I regret like take accidental naps or watch endless hours of reruns on tv.  It's also nice to be able to speak somewhat intelligently about motorcycles and gear.  Next thing to research:  My first bike!!!  Exciting.



4 comments:

  1. hehe... liezl! i just read your blog... its cute. and you weren't boring! remember the road trip we went to wisconsin and we did all those out door adventure stuff and the kayak flipped over? LOL. super excited to hear about your motorcycle adventures. and you know what... you can get cute snowboarding outfits and accessories too now that your ms. adventurous =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm addicted to coffeeshops and research too, except I'm constantly researching clothes. I feel like your research is more productive :D. See ya at the Starbucks buddy! I'm excited for you to get a bike -- I wanna sit on it and make motorcycle noises!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting Niks! Still testing out snowboarding, but my moto gear looks pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Thess! Your comment made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete