Getting back on the horse...er, I mean bike

GIGI!!!  I'm feeling those sparks for you again.  Thank you.

Well folks, I haven't ridden my bike since last fall.  She's been cooped up in the garage.  I moved, got busy, got too scared to practice in a downtown area, and the next thing I know, many months pass by without me even acknowledging my Gigi.  I began to worry if wanting to ride was a short-lived fantasy or just a way to impress my new BF...

With promising my sister my car for a week in April and wanting to prove to myself that learning to ride is a real thing for me, I decided to practice in a lot near my apartment.  Only a few butterflies fluttering...that's a good sign.

I'm smiling!  Feeling good so far!

A little tense when practicing swerves, but waaay more comfortable than expected.

Pretty Gigi.
I practiced regular stopping, circles, and gentle weaving for about 20 minutes.  I didn't have as many nerves and it really was like riding a bicycle...you never forget.  Good job muscle memory!  I took this confidence and told myself I was going to bike to work tomorrow.  It's only 5 minutes away so it's a good next step.

Lessons learned:
1.  When in doubt, do the basics and build the rest up later.
2.  Don't put so much pressure on yourself.  It's about having fun right??

*huge sigh of relief*

No comments:

Post a Comment