Original Inspiration

On my "About Me" page, I explain how I became interested in riding motorcycles.  I left out an important detail.   I spoke with other riders to get me to be open to learning, but the thing that really got me excited about riding was the movie "The Motorcycle Diaries."  If you've ever seen it, there's actually very little riding in the film.  But the few scenes they had were so moving for me that it really gave me a push to learn.  The rolling hills.  The isolated roads.  Simultaneous feelings of peace and excitement.  It all looked so damn liberating!  That is what was missing from my life:  freedom.  Soon after watching that movie, I made a promise to myself.  I said, "For my 30th birthday, I want to take a trip to Europe and ride in the countryside."



I made that promise when I was 27.  Here I am, 28 and a half and MUCH closer to my dream.  Feels damn good.  There are days when I still say to myself, "I can't believe I'm actually doing this."  Never thought I'd have the courage, confidence, or commitment to learn.  My first hobby in years.  Yaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment