Tracking My Progress

I forgot about one of the main reasons I started this blog...it was to track my progress.  I got caught up in the "I need pictures for every post!" or "I don't have anything really cool to share!"  But you know what??  Screw all that!!!  I got my license in January, it's now July and I don't have much to reflect on other than what's in my head...which isn't much because it's filled with Filipino recipes.  So sorry folks, many of my future posts will not have pictures, will be short, and may lack those cool "a-ha" moments.  But hooray for me for writing in my blog again and filling it with neat mini moments!!!  Here's one I'd like to share:

I haven't ridden on my bike for like 3 weeks straight.  I've been traveling and had family over for a while (that's what I tell myself...of course it's not because I have jitters again...)  My poor bike was collecting dust and spider webs!  If I was going to take a trip at the end of summer, I needed to practice.  So last Sunday I waited until 9:30pm when there was less traffic and cruised the local streets with my BF riding behind me.  "Hey this isn't bad" I thought.  My muscles still remembered how to do everything.  It was sorta fun!  I headed towards my usual parking lot when I saw a bunch of "Closed" street signs.  "Aww crap."  I couldn't go forward anymore, there wasn't any place to turn, so I was forced to do a U-turn.  I haven't done one of these since my safety course!  "Ohhh NO!  I forgot what gear I'm in!!"  Oh well it's too late, here we go!  I just kept telling myself, "look to where you want to go."  I turned my head back as much as I could and I completed the U-turn!  Sure my leaning wavered during it, but whatever!  I did a freakin U-turn!  That made my day =)

Written on 6/12/11

No comments:

Post a Comment