Crushed!

Not my bike, thank god, but my feelings.  If you've read a few of my posts, you know that it takes a big push (like friends and ice cream) to motivate me to practice.  Tonight, I did it all on my own!  After a satisfying homemade meal of kimchi fried rice, I felt like riding.  Maybe it's because I just learned more about how my 250 runs (thanks Misha!).  With only 20 minutes of stalling, I pack the red laptop in my backpack, and gear up.  As I put on each piece, I feel the butterflies getting crazier.  This will be the first time I'm riding by myself without someone following me.  I'm psyched!  I straddle my bike...go through the usual start up...and my bike won't start.  Did I forget to turn on the choke?  No.  Am I out of gas?  No, filled up a few days ago.  Did I forget a step in starting up?  I get off my bike and re-do the whole thing.  Still won't start.  NOOOOO!!!!  This can't be happening!!!!  I'm super bummed.  I park my bike and I feel totally defeated.  You ever get that heavy feeling in your chest and it just makes you want to deeply say "ugh"?  That is where I am.  I'm now in my room and moping on my blog.  I finally found some self-motivation, but it got crushed.  Hopefully this pity party will go away soon...I want to keep practicing.  Hmm...guess it's already begun.  Thanks for reading folks.


written 7/26/11

2 comments:

  1. That sucks! At least you had the motivation to go out there and try - even if you weren't able to actually go anywhere. Getting the motivation is usually the hardest part. Hope everything is ok with your bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words Kyle! And for reading of course =) Your blog is cool.

    ReplyDelete